2018 Wish List
- Door prizes such as gift certificates to local businesses as raffle prizes for upcoming fundraisers
- Sponsors for our Christmas Angel program
- Children served through camp and our mentor programs and their siblings are sponsored through our Christmas Angel program. Caregivers are provided with new, unwrapped presents as well as basic necessities such as coats, gloves, socks, underwear, and shoes based off a wish list specific to the child (several wish lists every year simply say "socks and underwear" with no other needs, wants, or presents requested). The gifts are unwrapped to allow the caregivers the joy and dignity of presenting the items to the child themselves.
- Donate toward goods or costs associated with mentor events and programming costs
- The Seeds of Hope mentor program serves a two-fold purpose. Corporate events are held on a monthly to quarterly frequency in an effort to reunite the camp volunteer staff and children to keep connections flowing throughout the year. These events are family oriented two to four hour events during which games, food, and fellowship occur. The monthly mentoring program cost per child is approximately $8.00. On average, mentoring program attendance runs 40% of total enrollment numbers. In addition to group event participation, families have the option to request individual mentor pairings with their children as mentors become available. Mentors, mentees, and parents meet to decide the frequency, duration, and location of visits as well as the nature of the mentor/mentee relationship. For example, some children may simply need tutoring services. Others may need a big brother/big sister who makes play dates, or attends family outings and ballgames. Still other may simply need weekly phone calls or letters of encouragement. Contracts are signed by each party in the mentoring relationship defining the standards to be followed. The executive director is tasked with following the pairings to ensure the satisfaction of all parties.
- Program Costs: The primary expenditures for Heroes Helping Heroes programs are costs associated with: monthly mentoring events, the summer day camps, miscellaneous expenses (volunteer staff training, fundraiser hard costs, collateral and educational material printing and distribution, and Christmas Angel expenditures), and the acquisition of resource expansion tools. HHH will utilize funding received from grants, fundraisers, and community partner agencies to offset the costs associated with the mentor events and summer camp. Based upon running expense models, the cost of camp per child is approximately $115.00.
- Goods: As camp drawers near, a list of supply items needed will be published. Thank you so much for your support and donations.